I just started using Pale Moon which is a custom build of Firefox that is optimised for Windows users.
It works exactly like Firefox but faster, and you can use the import tool to import everything from your Firefox installation.
Note: When running the import tool if you have lots of extensions and things like that, it might give a “script took too long” error, just click “Continue” until it finishes. I clicked continue 3-4 times before it finished.
Here are the advantages copied from the main page:
- Highly optimized for current processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Support for SVG and Canvas
- Support for Firefox extensions, themes and personas
- Able to use existing Firefox profiles with this migration tool
I’ve always stayed with Firefox despite Chrome’s speed advantage because I like Firefox’s extensions too much, so this build works great towards closing that gap.
Is anyone else using it?
Let me know what you think 🙂