This is an update for a script called Amazon4All by Jaap. The original website is here.
I made updates to it recently for a client and thought I might as well release it since the original project hasn’t been updated since 2009.
All credit goes to the original developers, I’m just keeping it up to date with the latest APIs and cleaning up a bit.
Basically it is a PHP script that interacts with the Amazon API to allow developers to integrate Amazon stuff on their own websites.
2012-01-09 – 2.0
- Added support for Spanish and Italian results
- Updated API version to 2011-08-01 from 2009-03-31
- Removed a lot of unused/private code
- Fixed PHP warnings
- Doctype is declared for better HTML rendering
Below this line is Jaap’s changelog, above it is SubJunk’s.
- Added Italian language
- Separated the AWS requesting part to aws.php
- Removed a lot of old outdated messages from this list
- Added the $tab variable in all echo statements so all HTML is indented properly
- Added printing a simple HTML-header to have utf8 rendered correctly
- Got simplexml object printing working
- Script will now create cache directory itself
- Always use signed request, started adding better time measurement
- Added the comments for 20090804 and 20090812 and tested the caching and I am going to try to put the script online
- Rewrote the scripts to make the new version (with signing) more like the old version so that the caching would work again but didn’t test it yet, this also made show_url work again
- Refixed the do/du problem for used products (which had gone after going back to an old version) and added the (server) locale functionality to the signed version
- Added the signing that Amazon requires from 20090815
- Did put English first in the $Alanguage array again and added the comment
- Added the Portuguese translation
- Norwegian translations by Bjoern Boerresen added
- Thanks to Dr. Jan-Hendrik Doerner for correcting some of the German translations
- Removed the slashes after the server URLs so the slash can be used within a string
- Added some things that Wim Roffel suggested
- UK modes added
- Japanese locale enabled
- More search types added
- Initial release